R1200GS Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Another cool thing. I can be listening to music on iTunes. Without pressing any buttons I can just say “hey Siri open Pandora “ and bam Pandora opens and starts to play.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Best way

Another cool thing. I can be listening to music on iTunes. Without pressing any buttons I can just say “hey Siri open Pandora “ and bam Pandora opens and starts to play.
I have the BMW GPS for telemetry about the bike and if there's a group ride with a route to upload. Otherwise I use my smartphone for navigation, music and phone calls. Just press my Sena button and ask for what you want.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the BMW GPS for telemetry about the bike and if there's a group ride with a route to upload. Otherwise I use my smartphone for navigation, music and phone calls. Just press my Sena button and ask for what you want.
I don’t like leaving my phone mounted on the bars. Plus I like when things work the way there supposed to. Otherwise 1k is a lot to spend for telemetry

·
Registered
22 Posts
iPhone 7+ nav 6 and SENA 10s (will be upgrading to a 20s or a 30k this week). The only crappy part is you can’t pair the phone to the SENA. Otherwise the phone won’t work. With the phone not being paired you can use the Sena app for settings etc. but finally the damn music works. I can stream from my playlist or pandora or iHeartRadio radio
This is how I got my system working properly as well. As long as your phone is not paired to the headset everything seems to work properly. I can stream from my phone or play music from the NAV VI. I posted the below comment in a different thread a while ago.

"In my somewhat limited experience with the Nav VI and from what I have read in the Nav manual and from Google searches, you should pair the Sena to the Nav VI first and then pair your phone to the Navigator. Do not pair your phone to the Sena. The Nav VI takes care of all the hand-offs between the Sena and the phone. This setup has been working well for me...YMMV"

·
Lifetime Rider of Bikes
42 Posts
iPhone 6, Sena 10, Nav V

The best I can tell the pairing must be set "either , or " for a seamless performance with the Garmins.

I have my phone paired to my headset and have to go in and set up the phone set up with the Garmin if I want it to load my contacts and operate the voice mail. If my iPhone is paired already to the Sena there WILL be a conflict and nothing works on outgoing or incoming calls. They will either come in to the unit and try to go into the headset but if the phone is already paired to the phone the other party can not hear me. So I came to the conclusion that it is just a design conflict and if I want NAV and Phone it is best to do it all through the Garmin or phone but not both.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
There appears to be some confusion as to even how the devices (Nav-VI, Phone and BT Headset) are suppose to be paired together so that they all work as they should.

Both the phone and BT headset should be paired to the Nav-VI and that is it.
If you also have your phone paired to the BT headset this is not correct in the scheme of the Nav-VI's intended use but it is how some are doing it either to address shortcomings or to utilize a phone app that controls their BT headset.

·
Registered
317 Posts
There appears to be some confusion as to even how the devices (Nav-VI, Phone and BT Headset) are suppose to be paired together so that they all work as they should.

Both the phone and BT headset should be paired to the Nav-VI and that is it.
If you also have your phone paired to the BT headset this is not correct in the scheme of the Nav-VI's intended use but it is how some are doing it either to address shortcomings or to utilize a phone app that controls their BT headset.
Have you had the phone call echo issue since 4.90 was released? I bought a Tomtom Rider 450 a few days ago and going to mount the Nav VI on the handlebar mount and just use it for the bike info screen

·
Registered
1 Posts
BMW Navi VI phone echo issue

Did you ever sort this problem as I have the same ECHO issue using the phone. Both with Sena 10S, Galaxy S8. Sena 10S Galaxy S9, as well as Galaxy S9 and Bose SoundSport Blue tooth. This is not great and costs to much to not work with the phone properly.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts