R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm first time owner of BMW.
I just bought R1250GS Adventure, it has only 1.500 kilometers.

I noticed strange vibrating repeating sound in drive shaft.

If I drive 60 km/h in third on 2500 rpm I hear vibrating repeating sound in drive shaft, sometning like bad tire.

If I press clutch it stops, also if I increase rpm to 4000 everything is fine until I release clutch, then sound apears again. It's like bad tire but it's not, I don't hear anything when I press clutch at same speed.

I talked with dealer and they said every GS have some sounds but this for me isn't normal, It's anoying.

I constantly hear "brum brum brum brum" on small rpm, later I can't hear it becouse of speed and exhaust.

Do you guys know what it could be?

It's anoying ecpecialy becouse it's new.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
488 Posts
Many owners say even on new bikes to lube the driveshaft splines...warranty won't cover of course...if you do this you could at least check the rear u-joints on the driveshaft. Checking the front u-joints is more involved, likely have to pull the swingarm.

That said, it doesn't make sense the sound stops with the clutch in. The final drive spins whether clutch is in out out. Sure noise is not from clutch itself?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know. I hear it only when I release clutch and I hear it in back of the bike, it's constantly repeating sound, like bad tire.

Maybe it's U-joint, I don't know :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts