R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought a 'staff' 2015 bike from my local dealer and they've offered me a 10% discount on a top case and rack.

However, here in the UK that's still over £400 which seems a lot of money for a case!

I've worked with BMW for quite a long time and I know they make huge margins on officials accessories so I thought I might look at Hepco or Touratech.

Just wondered what people here thought of the official case vs the aftermarket ones?

·
Supporting Vendor
103 Posts
I've just bought a 'staff' 2015 bike from my local dealer and they've offered me a 10% discount on a top case and rack.

However, here in the UK that's still over £400 which seems a lot of money for a case!

I've worked with BMW for quite a long time and I know they make huge margins on officials accessories so I thought I might look at Hepco or Touratech.

Just wondered what people here thought of the official case vs the aftermarket ones?
Aftermarket cases would end up being less money, and a better quality. The Hepco & Becker dealer over there in the UK would be able to show you probably ~40 different Top Case varieties that H&B makes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I can't figure out why nobody like H&B doesn't make bags that fit the stock mounts. I don't want the ugly racks on the bike on the majority of the days that I will NOT have the bags on. I think that sales would rock!

·
Registered
436 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Middle Aged
35 Posts
Don'y buy a BMW top box

Great site looks like a third cheaper than UK dealer prices!
Hi old mate, don't buy a BMW top box. They are s... Buy a Givi or an Rjays. Heaps better and heaps more space.

Cheers

Aussie Ken :smile2:

·
Supporting Vendor
103 Posts
I can't figure out why nobody like H&B doesn't make bags that fit the stock mounts. I don't want the ugly racks on the bike on the majority of the days that I will NOT have the bags on. I think that sales would rock!
They do...kinda. Some of the H&B 'Journey' top cases come with a relatively small adapter plate that bolts down on top of the OEM rack. Not exactly directly on the rack, but as close as they've gotten.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts