R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Robert from Marseille. Originally from Texas, have been living in Marseille for the past 19 years. Rode a BMW F800 ST for the past 8 years and at 64 years, I decided to gift myself a 2018 GS. I'm a bit on the short side, and so getting used to a taller bike, but loving it. Just after buying it in Nancy, France I rode it 700 kms to Marseille in the rain, cold and fog. A kind of trial by fire! The bike performed beautifully and much less fatigue than on the old bike. First option will be some AltRider crash bars. If you ever find yourself in the south of France, give me a shout. We ride all year round down here and the region is perfect for motorcycles.

2018 BMW R1200 GS Exclusive, Vario bags.
Ciao!

·
Super Moderator
967 Posts
Welcome. Best of luck in the transition from the ST. Guessing the GS will be a fantastic partner to travel the Alps in.

·
'05 R 1200 Gs
684 Posts
Spent quite a bit of time in Andorra, in the 90's and rode the South of France quite a bit on an older Moto Guzzi. Beautiful riding country, both Andorra and South France.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I fully agree , but the Winter rains are cold and last quite some time, even in the south of France, here in the vicinity of Grasse ... during all the other seasons riding is excellent, however .’’

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hello Robert,
Welcome to the forum. I'm pretty local and would gladly go for a spin once things have toned down with covid (and cold weather), if you are interested.
Hope you're enjoying the 2018 GS!
Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts