R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, (first post here so let me know if I'm doing this right). 2007 non-servo linked ABS. GS911 said ABS unit was bad, ModuleMasters rebuilt it. While waiting for rebuild, fluid leaked out of the lines, so there was air in the lines when I re-attached the brake lines to the ABS unit. Bled the front and rear circuits manually (dang that took a long time), then ran the Brake Bleed Test with the GS911 to try to get fluid into the ABS valve body. Manually bled front and rear again. Ran Brake Bleed Test w/ GS911 again. Manual bleed again. (used half gallon of brake fluid by now and I'm getting tendonitis). Front brake feels soft, and I'm hearing a "squish" noise from the ABS unit during the manual bleeding, ie. sounds like there is air trapped in there somewhere. But at the end of the Brake Bleed Test (where you have to press and hold the brake 3 times for at least 2 seconds while the ABS pump runs), at the end of that sequence I was still holding the front brake lever by accident and the lever got very firm, ie. pumped up and away from the handlebar. Anyway, anybody have any advice re: the soft front brake handle and the suspicious sounds-like-air "squish" at the ABS module?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts