R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2005 R12GS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed a feature of my Flashing LED Taillight (Gizmo-mill brand) that I am not sure about. Someone pointed out to me one night that my taillight seemed dim while in a parking lot. After I arrived home I noticed that in the dark, the light was in fact very dim, but if a flashlight is shined towards it, it automatically brightens. Same as if as car is approaching behind me, it brightens in the headlights.

Can you guys confirm this auto dimming feature and report back. Otherwise, it has worked great for several years.

Thanks,
-T

·
Registered
43 Posts
Brake! light

I have the same light and after reading your post I tried to see if there was a dimming effect with mine. While using a flashlight, I couldn’t see any effect on the light as I stood behind my bike. I still have the original packaging that mine came in and the box didn’t reference anything. (Do you still have the packaging for your light? Maybe it’s a new feature…) Sorry, but I can’t get mine to do the same thing you are describing.

I’m definitely in agreement that it works great though. I’ve had co-workers follow me into my office parking lot that have said the flashing brake light really gets there attention that I'm stopping.

·
2005 R12GS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was nothing mentioned in the packaging or the original instructions about the dimming effect. I will contact the company to see if there is a fix.

Thanks for checking. I had a feeling it was a malfunction because of how dim the tail light is.

-T

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I will contact the company to see if there is a fix.
Good luck with that and let us know if you get an answer.

Gizmo-mill turned into Road Rocketeer after disappearing for a while: http://www.roadrocketeer.com/

At least at the start of Road Rocketeer there were lots of complaints about lack of communications, especially with respect to warranty issues. I haven't heard anything in a year or so... that may be a good sign.

·
Registered
43 Posts
GizmoMill....

Well, than the new company sounds like it's picking up where GizmoMill left off because they were famous for zero follow-up.....

Tracy-
It definitely doesn't make sense that your light is so dim...(not knowing what year your your GS is...) Mine is an '07 and I found it amazing how bright the GizmoMill was over the stock brake light. I've seen my bike next to a '09 which has the new LED light and it's just as bright. If your's is dull enough for others to observe than I would think that there is some other problem with the Brake!light than how it lights when you pull your front brake handle or press your rear brake pedal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts