R1200GS Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
No offense but throwing shade at Brembo is silly. Every MotoGP team, World super bike team and most high end bikes including BMW use them. I have the Nickle GP4's on my Hayabusa and they are just unbelievable. So while everyone has a right to an opinion, people who know a lot more about braking than you think Brembos are pretty damn good brakes.

That having been said, the brakes on the 2020 1250 GS are pretty impressive. I personally think BMW feels they can make a great brake for much less than they pay Brembo. I understand the BMW tagged brakes on the K1600 I traded were made by Hayes. I think you take great electronics and mechanicals on the ABS side and you can get away with a less than top notch Brembo caliper. Although Brembos are amazing, I would have to say maybe BMW have a point based on their system's performance.

Brakes.jpg

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I am merely expressing an opinion on my experience regarding GS brakes. OK, many of my observations are tongue in cheek which, sadly, appear to go over the heads of many contributors to this thread.

Perhaps if I was a shareholder in Brembo Ltd I would be rather defensive of the brand. Oops, there I go again another tongue in cheek comment.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I am merely expressing an opinion on my experience regarding GS brakes. OK, many of my observations are tongue in cheek which, sadly, appear to go over the heads of many contributors to this thread.

Perhaps if I was a shareholder in Brembo Ltd I would be rather defensive of the brand. Oops, there I go again another tongue in cheek comment.
See post #2

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
In my opinion, my opinion is better than your opinion but I suspect you think your opinion is better than my opinion. I suspect we are both equally self opinionated! LOL.

·
Registered
698 Posts
No offense but throwing shade at Brembo is silly. Every MotoGP team, World super bike team and most high end bikes including BMW use them. I have the Nickle GP4's on my Hayabusa and they are just unbelievable. So while everyone has a right to an opinion, people who know a lot more about braking than you think Brembos are pretty damn good brakes.

That having been said, the brakes on the 2020 1250 GS are pretty impressive. I personally think BMW feels they can make a great brake for much less than they pay Brembo. I understand the BMW tagged brakes on the K1600 I traded were made by Hayes. I think you take great electronics and mechanicals on the ABS side and you can get away with a less than top notch Brembo caliper. Although Brembos are amazing, I would have to say maybe BMW have a point based on their system's performance.

View attachment 27449
I would second this......I did a similar swap on my Hayabusa 2011 and also changed out the MC and what a phenomenal difference there was to braking.....plus everyone knows a monobloc design is better than a 2 piece design thats why monoblocs are expensive

21 - 31 of 31 Posts