R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one else not feeling the love for these tires. Just came back from a 5 day trip, 40 hours in the seat, lots of mountain roads ( example of the roads 5 hours for 215 km run in central mexico with speed bumps thrown in for one stint to give you an idea). Never felt any intimidation on my 2009 with Michelins Anakee 3s, but enetring the curves with these tires there seems to be a slight hestitation before it takes a line that requires an adjustment midway through the curve. I know it's not the bike, the bike was a champ in every other respect 2019 / 1250. Definately thinking of a change.

·
Super Awesom Person
439 Posts
All the people I know locally have moved on from Bridgestone. The best street tires I've found in my 50+ years of riding are the Dunlop Roadsmart 3. If you want a 80/20 tire than try the Dunlop Trailsmart. They are quiet and grip like the Roadsmart. I sound like an add for Dunlop but they have quietly made some of the best tires on the market. An excellent 50/50 tire is the new Dunlop Trailmax Mission tire or the MOTOZ Tractionator..
If you do a search you can find videos about each of the tires.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I agree. The Battleax is not even on my list of hopefuls anymore. I have the Anakee Adventures on my 1250GSA and love them (on and off road) but I think Im going to try the Dunlap Trailmax Mission tires next. Im hearing a lot of good things about them. As much as I like the Anakee Adventures Id like to have a more agressive 50-50 tire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts