R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just be aware that when buying the new 40th addition anniversary GSA model it has less equipment than all the other models and incredibly no review has mentioned it yet. For starters BMW uses language that implies all the new models have heated seats and a new controller wheel for heated grips and the seats. However the 40th anniversary model doesn’t have heated seats only the other colours do and also it doesn’t use the TFT screen and dial for the grips - still has the silly 17 year old two button super hot or too cold buttons. The GS anniversary which is supposed to have less specs than the GSA has the works. In addition the GSA anniversary cannot and I stress cannot use a BMW aluminium top box but the other colours can ..... that’s right folks if you are thinking about touring forget a hard top box on the top of the line anniversary touring bike with BMW. What were they thinking? Finally you have to buy a touring screen because it comes with a bikini screen.
I imagine KTM is loving all this karma revenge after the longest road disaster. Buyers find the news on delivery because dealers aren’t across the stupidity - a few cancelled anniversary orders might solve the problem - a top box plate a standard screen and seat heating to match all the other models seems pretty simple to fix But it’s really expensive as an after part......if you can get it. The seats can’t be changed after order.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Just be aware that when buying the new 40th addition anniversary GSA model it has less equipment than all the other models and incredibly no review has mentioned it yet. For starters BMW uses language that implies all the new models have heated seats and a new controller wheel for heated grips and the seats. However the 40th anniversary model doesn’t have heated seats only the other colours do and also it doesn’t use the TFT screen and dial for the grips - still has the silly 17 year old two button super hot or too cold buttons. The GS anniversary which is supposed to have less specs than the GSA has the works. In addition the GSA anniversary cannot and I stress cannot use a BMW aluminium top box but the other colours can ..... that’s right folks if you are thinking about touring forget a hard top box on the top of the line anniversary touring bike with BMW. What were they thinking? Finally you have to buy a touring screen because it comes with a bikini screen.
I imagine KTM is loving all this karma revenge after the longest road disaster. Buyers find the news on delivery because dealers aren’t across the stupidity - a few cancelled anniversary orders might solve the problem - a top box plate a standard screen and seat heating to match all the other models seems pretty simple to fix But it’s really expensive as an after part......if you can get it. The seats can’t be changed after order.
TROLL MUCH? Not true. Read the specs on the BMW Motorad page!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TROLL MUCH? Not true. Read the specs on the BMW Motorad page!
I’d like to see where it spells out the top box has gone without a retro fit ( can you show us?) and as for the heated seats it’s not clear at all for the dealers either, basically if you tick all 3 packages including the touring package you don’t get a heated seat and don’t get a large touring screen but ticking the same on the triple you do - deliberate or otherwise you find out on arrival and you can’t fit a heated seat retrospectively. It’s unfathomable as to why they don’t manufacture all the bikes the same way at the same time and later allow you to change the seat and plug in a wire. Must be higher costs to extract part.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your bike at Procycles? If yes, saw it today. Looks like at some stage it became a GSA Rallye X with 40th colours, single seat and knobby tyres.
Looks like USA and Japan got what you wanted and the EU and AU got the Rallye X 40th.
Here's a 40th from USA Japan EU

Hope you can sort something out. Goodluck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was at my local dealer and they were changing the rear rack to on older one to hold the BMW top box. Apparently the bike is made from "left over" pieces of the Rally X according to the guys there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts