R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody had dealership issues in UK
so i decided to trade my 2018 r1200gs te for a slightly used 2020 1250gs. i spot a bike online and i ring the salesman from COTSWOLD MOTORRAD UK which is about 200miles from my home.
we talk about condition of my bike which by the way is my pride and joy which i keep in tip top condition, he asks me to email him some pictures of my bike which i did and he’ll get back to me with a trade in price.
7 days later and no contact from the salesman so i ring COTSWOLD MOTORRAD again anonymously and ask to speak to a salesman.
the lady receptionist tells me they’re all busy but she has my number on screen and she’ll get a salesman to call me back.
nobody bothers to call me.
so i email COTSWOLD MOTORRAD asking what i need to do to purchase the said 1250gs at £16450.00
and guess what.. nobody emails me back!
anyone had this kind of issue with UK dealerships?

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is standard for everything here in NZ. I tried trading my Nissan for a new one and felt like the sales guy thought he was doing me a favour. As for BMW, it's just not the 'experience' here it's supposed to be. I think they're more used to selling quad bikes to farmers.

·
Registered
2014 GSA
2 Posts
anybody had dealership issues in UK
so i decided to trade my 2018 r1200gs te for a slightly used 2020 1250gs. i spot a bike online and i ring the salesman from COTSWOLD MOTORRAD UK which is about 200miles from my home.
we talk about condition of my bike which by the way is my pride and joy which i keep in tip top condition, he asks me to email him some pictures of my bike which i did and he’ll get back to me with a trade in price.
7 days later and no contact from the salesman so i ring COTSWOLD MOTORRAD again anonymously and ask to speak to a salesman.
the lady receptionist tells me they’re all busy but she has my number on screen and she’ll get a salesman to call me back.
nobody bothers to call me.
so i email COTSWOLD MOTORRAD asking what i need to do to purchase the said 1250gs at £16450.00
and guess what.. nobody emails me back!
anyone had this kind of issue with UK dealerships?
I got mine from Allan Jefferies and went smoothly. And they got me a company to transport it, on end of last year to final destination... with lockdowns on and off..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts