R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I had Denali D7s on my K bike. Just traded that in on a GSA and it came with Darlas already installed with a Canopener. My Denalis modulated, but I can't find out if Darlas do. I called Clearwater and it seemed as if I was asking them something foreign.
Anyone know if they do?
Thanks,
Duff

· Registered
2006 R1200GS, 2007 R1200GS. 2005 R1200GS, 2009 R1200GS, 2009 R1200GSA, 2005 R1200GS, 2006 R1200GS, 2
2,392 Posts
I would think it is possible even if the lights themselves do not have the modulation technology build in you could get one of any number of aftermarket headlight modulators and use it.

More than likely you old bike was wired much the same.

· Registered
443 Posts
Hi all,
I had Denali D7s on my K bike. Just traded that in on a GSA and it came with Darlas already installed with a Canopener. My Denalis modulated, but I can't find out if Darlas do. I called Clearwater and it seemed as if I was asking them something foreign.
Anyone know if they do?
Thanks,
Duff
Short answer. Yes. There is a setting that will make the lights modulate when you press the horn switch. Here is a clip with Kristas.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Enzo, that's what the Clearwater guy told me. When i told him that I set up my denalis to modulate during the daytime, he told me you can't do that, it's illegal. I'm not sure he understood what I was looking for. Yes, they'll "pulse" when you hit the horn, but I'm looking for daytime modulation. Looks like I'll be using my denali lights along with the darlas.
Thanks,
Duff

· Premium Member
2016 R1200GSA
50 Posts
I do not think the canopener has a modulation ability like the Hex Ezcan or Denali version of it. If you like the lights you could just replace the canopener with a ezcan.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, my denali stuff comes in Thursday. At first, I thought the darlas would be enough, but a friend told me to hook up all the lights... so that's what I'm going to do! It'll be daytime at night with everything on.
Duff

· Registered
53 Posts
The modulation is a product of the controller, not the lights. The ezCan can do modulation. the CANOpener can't.

I have Darla's and ezCan on my K1600 and have them modulating. I have Erica's and CANOpener on my R1250GSA and it does not (can not) modulate.

· Registered
53 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts