R1200GS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Doesn't work in this very thread.

If instead of drag-n-drop you try to upload an attachment you do get an error: File system directory is not writable.

Try logging in as other than admin. I suspect it may be a permissions error with admin having permissions that others do not have. Just guessing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Out of curiosity, are the images smaller than 620 x 280 pixels?

~Sheena
My last image was 620 x 349 with standard jpg compression. The file size is less than 60kb.

This is a remarkably tiny file in this era of 12MP camera phones.

Honestly I don't understand why the strict limit on size or permissions.

I haven't seen these issues since my CompuServe days.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Out of curiosity, are the images smaller than 620 x 280 pixels?

~Sheena
100x78 jpg file less than 16 KB in size failed.

It's not a size issue, it is a permissions issue. The error is

File system directory is not writable.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Still failing to allow drag and drop

I posted a pic earlier on the K1600 Forum, and everything worked without a single problem. Did the "Drag Files Here To Attach!" method. The file was a JPEG image, 2448X3264 1,023,529 bytes, taken on a iPhone 6, using Safari for browser.

But when I just tried posting the very same pic the very same way here....FAILED!!!

Again, this really is something that needs to be corrected, so members that are still on this forum can post pics on a regular basis.

·
Administrator
151 Posts
I made an adjustment to jpeg attached images. Can you try it out now and let us know if you're still unable to upload the image.

Thank you

Danniella

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I made an adjustment to jpeg attached images. Can you try it out now and let us know if you're still unable to upload the image.

Thank you

Danniella
Nope, still not working...

Tried with drag and drop and with manage attachments.

·
Administrator
151 Posts
I've been trying to recreate this issue with no success. Would one of you be willing to PM me your login information so that I could test this out directly from your account. It may help us narrow down why you can't make these posts.

~Sheena

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'll PM you my login info.

I just tried to d&d a 27.0 KB picture.
No go, same issue.
Picture is there for a second and then is gone.
It won't "stick".

·
Registered
36 Posts
Richard,

I tried the paper clip, which is the same process and layout as the Attach Files under the Additional Options.

I tried attaching a really small JPEG file of 27KB.

I got "Upload Of File Failed" on a couple tries.

Why don't you or someone call me sometime and while on phone, I will try to duplicate on my computer, what you are doing to successfully attach photos the "easier way".

PM me and we'll get together via phone if you are in the US.

Too bad member general location is not under every member's handle/avatar.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts