R1200GS Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Administrator
151 Posts
Kyle turned off the drag and drop for the time being because that was causing some issues. I'll check with him to see if I can get an update on what he's figured out regarding this issue.

~Sheena

·
Registered
10 Posts
Those who are having problems uploading images.
What browsers are you using?
Also are you guys given an error message once you attempt to post?

Richard.
Hi Richard, for me, tried the following and not able to post images, have tried using the "insert image" selection on the tools above text box:

Chrome
I.E.

URL's - google photo's and smugmug

Does size matter? haha, is there a file format (size and extension that is needed)?

thanks

·
Administrator
151 Posts
Hey there,

For uploads, here are the valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip

Your photo should be within 620x280.

Off-site hosted images are resized and linked to original.

When you say you are unable to post images, what errors are you coming across?

Dayle

·
'05 R 1200 Gs
521 Posts
I did the smugmug thing and it worked on my test in another thread. What I don't like is having to use a subscribed/pay site as smugmug sends me daily nag mails telling me the free service period is expiring. I'll figure something out.

·
Bike&Ski
102 Posts
I did the smugmug thing and it worked on my test in another thread. What I don't like is having to use a subscribed/pay site as smugmug sends me daily nag mails telling me the free service period is expiring. I'll figure something out.
Agree with that.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I'm going to try to attach a 12 K image that is 378x109 pixels in size. Very small. The upload failed. I took a screen shot of the failure window and will host it on smugmug so you can see it.

Note the circled error message. File system directory is not writable. The forum software is trying to write the uploaded data into a directory where it does not have permission to write. Perhaps the directory is read only.

Try this yourself as a regular user accessing the forum from a machine that is not on the servers network.

·
Administrator
151 Posts
Hello

Attachments seem to be corrected as per my test account above. Could you clear you cache and cookies and try an attachment again?

Dayle

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Trying a screenshot of the previous post. It took the upload! Much better. Let's see if it shows up...

Screen Shot 2016-07-01 at 1.52.38 PM.png

Yup.. Issue seems to be resolved. Many thanks!

·
Bike&Ski
102 Posts
Testing pics

Looks like it is working for me as well. Attached is the picture that got the thread started. This is the hose that blew off in a backfire, causing the engine to run poorly (vacuum leak). Thanks Admin for correcting the upload issue.

Attachments

41 - 59 of 59 Posts