R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 R1200 GS Lowered Chassis
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here’s my setup:

Cardo Packtalk Bold JBL unit S/N BJ91796798 with Latest Firmware Update Installed

Mobile Phone 1 Pairing to iPhone 11 with latest iOS Update 13.4

Mobile Phone 2 Pairing to Garmin/BMW Navigator V GPS

DMC Intercom Paired with two other Packtalk Bold JBL Units

I pause MP3 media playing from to Garmin/BMW Navigator 5 GPS. When I want to resume play, streaming is staccato garbled then stops completely. The only way to get it to play again is to disconnect the pairing from the Garmin GPS, turn off both the Packtalk Bold Unit and Garmin/BMW Navigator 5 GPS and start over with a new pairing. It will play again, but if paused from either the Packtalk or the Garmin, then started again, streaming is staccato garbled then stops completely.

I tried Cardo support, they have no answer...

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Here’s my setup:

Cardo Packtalk Bold JBL unit S/N BJ91796798 with Latest Firmware Update Installed

I pause MP3 media playing from to Garmin/BMW Navigator 5 GPS. When I want to resume play, streaming is staccato garbled then stops completely. The only way to get it to play again is to disconnect the pairing from the Garmin GPS, turn off both the Packtalk Bold Unit and Garmin/BMW Navigator 5 GPS and start over with a new pairing. It will play again, but if paused from either the Packtalk or the Garmin, then started again, streaming is staccato garbled then stops completely.

Any ideas?
Hey DaveFromDenver,
Not trying to be facetious, but I used to operate similarly when my helmet had a BMW COMM System in it and it worked well.
However, once I switched to Cardo and now connect to my phone for calls and music I have had very few if any issues. My Cardo still connects to my BMW NAV for guidance if I need so.

·
Registered
2014 R1200 GS Lowered Chassis
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any reason why you dont use your phone instead of NAV V for music?
Yes, I have 43 GB of 64 GB used on my iPhone 11, and I find it easier to work with the storage card in the Zumo to change playlists... I rarely have to change the micro card music but since iPhone doesn't have a good interface for seeing all the songs, I guess I'm just used to the Windows computer File Manager for the Zumo card. Also, I can see artist and song title info on the Zumo, as well as tap to fast forward or replay. I guess I could do that by voice or tapping the Cardo unit if I used the iPhone, though. Good point, thanks for the thought starter, I'll consider changing!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Here’s my setup:

Any ideas?
I just moved to a Cardo Packtalk Bold from a Sena SMH10.
I have the exact same problem as you as I prefer to play music from my Nav V and see phonwe contaxt on my Nav V,
Once I pause music on Nav V, music is garbled.
My Sena worked flawlessly with the iphone and Nav V...except for Bluetooth dropping off occasionally.

I did contact Cardo about this and the response was the Cardo Packtalk Bold (with newer firmware) was designed to work phone music and not play music through Nav V.
This also prevents me from using my Garmin Smartlink App for traffic reports and school zones.

I also understood that Cardo played better with Android phones.

I can play music from my iphone SE with voice commands and make calls with Siri (must be activated to use iphone functions) but I can't see songs, artists or my Iphone contacts like I could on my Nav V screen.

I recently purchased (on back order) a Garmin Zumo XT so I'll see how that plays with the Cardo.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I just moved to a Cardo Packtalk Bold from a Sena SMH10.
I have the exact same problem as you as I prefer to play music from my Nav V and see phonwe contaxt on my Nav V,
Once I pause music on Nav V, music is garbled.
My Sena worked flawlessly with the iphone and Nav V...except for Bluetooth dropping off occasionally.

I did contact Cardo about this and the response was the Cardo Packtalk Bold (with newer firmware) was designed to work phone music and not play music through Nav V.
This also prevents me from using my Garmin Smartlink App for traffic reports and school zones.

I also understood that Cardo played better with Android phones.

I can play music from my iphone SE with voice commands and make calls with Siri (must be activated to use iphone functions) but I can't see songs, artists or my Iphone contacts like I could on my Nav V screen.

I recently purchased (on back order) a Garmin Zumo XT so I'll see how that plays with the Cardo.
I am experimenting with something...maybe you can also try it.
I have a Packtalk bold paired with nav 6 and Iphone 12 with Nav6.
Music kept on skipping, calls would not get answered basically I was fed up.

Now I connected Packtalk to Nav6
Packtalk to Iphone 12
Iphone 12 to Nav 6 but in the nav6 I switched off media and call support.
So music plays from Iphone to Packtalk seamlessley
I can answer calls which dont drop.
The smartlink app and traffic works on the Nav6

1 - 8 of 8 Posts