R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2018 GS LC with the Clearwater lights controlled by the Clearwater Canopener.
I now want to add circuits for heated gear and a GPS. I'd like to use a Hex EzCan but I'm guessing the Ezscan and Canopener can't be used together.
I've used Fuzeblock in the past and have one laying around but I don't see any room under the seats for the Fuzeblock.
Any suggestions for adding the additional circuits>

·
Registered
744 Posts
You can remove the canopener and hook the clearwaters through the HEXEZCAN along with your other stuff.
The clearwater lights are compatible with the HEx

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
I just bought a 2018 GS LC with the Clearwater lights controlled by the Clearwater Canopener.
I now want to add circuits for heated gear and a GPS. I'd like to use a Hex EzCan but I'm guessing the Ezscan and Canopener can't be used together.
I've used Fuzeblock in the past and have one laying around but I don't see any room under the seats for the Fuzeblock.
Any suggestions for adding the additional circuits>
Just remove the pillion carrier plate and there's plenty of room under there for your Fuzeblock.

Mike

·
Reprobate
140 Posts
I have both. The Hex EzCan came with the bike and powered the Stebel horn, Powerlet port, and Billie brake light. When I added Clearwater lights up front the kit came with the CanOpener so I used that for the lights and the Billie was rewired to use it as well. Overkill? Maybe. But it's nice having the ability to change light settings on the fly (without connecting to a laptop), while having circuits that might "blow a fuse" connected to a PDM that resets without swapping out fuses. The old school Fuzeblock is bigger than both units together.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
I use a PDM 60 (all accessories go through it) on my '18 GSA and mounted it here:

The PDM's wires go through the frame support and under the pillion carrier plate:

All of the Clearwater wiring harness along with the CanOpener are under there, too, so it's pretty clean:

Like Glenfiddich stated, if the PDM detects a short, it shuts down that circuit and the light will tell you where to look. Frankly, I've never had an issue with it shutting anything down.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts