R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I have an 05 air cooled and am finding that after about an hours riding I seem to lose pressure in the clutch hydraulic system and it won’t disengage. The clutch has been replaced, so has the master cylinder and hose and the slave cylinder doesn’t appear to have any leaks. Has anyone experienced this, and if so has anyone figured out what causes it.
I took it to the main dealer and they can’t find anything wrong.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had a car that once behaved as you describe...clutch was fine when cold and would act up (not fully disengage) when warm. In that case it needed replacement clutch, mechanic never indicated exactly what part caused the symptom.

Is there a way to bleed the clutch circuit? I would start there if you've already replaced the clutch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all
I have an 05 air cooled and am finding that after about an hours riding I seem to lose pressure in the clutch hydraulic system and it won’t disengage. The clutch has been replaced, so has the master cylinder and hose and the slave cylinder doesn’t appear to have any leaks. Has anyone experienced this, and if so has anyone figured out what causes it.
I took it to the main dealer and they can’t find anything wrong.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Wonder if the input shaft need lubrication the clutch moves back and forth on it ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts