R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 1250gsa with the Bmw system7(?) communication system on. As I understand it, you pair the two helmets ( me and my wife's) with the TFT system. All good and well, but we are doing long roads and is only connected when necessary. But I can get not switch it of or bring the volume down while driving. In theory you can, by pushing the buttons on the helmet, but while wearing gloves and driving that is not possible. Any ideas? What is it in the fine print that I missed?
Regards
Rudolf

·
Registered
6 Posts
Make sure you have the right versions of firmware on both the bike, the Nav, and the helmet. For some reason, this is the most difficult feature to get working I've heard.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the 1250gsa with the Bmw system7(?) communication system on. As I understand it, you pair the two helmets ( me and my wife's) with the TFT system. All good and well, but we are doing long roads and is only connected when necessary. But I can get not switch it of or bring the volume down while driving. In theory you can, by pushing the buttons on the helmet, but while wearing gloves and driving that is not possible. Any ideas? What is it in the fine print that I missed?
Regards
Rudolf
There is a sequence to pair so delete all pairs ie: phone tft and helmets pair the helmets back to the tft first then phone last .
once this Is done you can switch bike off then on then switch helmet on in that sequence it will work even the bmw dealer didn’t know how to do it wanted to replace my unit said there was a connection issue but all a long was the way you pair the units and sequence

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a sequence to pair so delete all pairs ie: phone tft and helmets pair the helmets back to the tft first then phone last .
once this Is done you can switch bike off then on then switch helmet on in that sequence it will work even the bmw dealer didn’t know how to do it wanted to replace my unit said there was a connection issue but all a long was the way you pair the units and sequence

1. There is a sequence to pair so delete all pairs ie: phone tft and helmets pair the helmets back to the tft first then phone last .
    Ók sure, help me if I misunderstand you. My problem is switching it of while I am driving. If I'm concentrating on my driving, I do not want to be distracted by comments from the pillion! So far I can only switch it of via helmet, but help me if I misread something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts