R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,

Does anyone know how to adjust the target tyre pressure on the TFT display? In the vehicle setup menu the warning can be turned on or off, but there doesn't appear to be any way of adjusting the target.

Thanks,
Cheers

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I dont think you can alter that. You can switch it off when in Enduro Pro mode and you have reduced the pressures so that the irritating alarm and flashing light doesnt bother you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks @virkdoc ,

To be honest, what is actually annoying me - is that the target pressures are something like '2.96' and '2.56' Bar - not 2.90 and 2.50. Perhaps this is from the conversion from a whole PSI number to a pressure in bars with decimals. Will try changing to Imperial and see what the readout is.

Still seems bizarre that with all the electronic goodies on the bike, they don't make provision for changing the target tyre pressure.

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, this gets more wacky...

1. Searching on the internet - I can find images of the tyre pressure set to both 2.5/2.9 bar and to 2.54/2.94 bar - but nothing else.
2. Changing between pressure units (Bar/kPa/PSI) gives me 2.54 on bar, but 250 on kPa (front) and similarly 2.94 on bar but 290 on kPA (rear).

I guess these must just be hard coded values somewhere in the system - with some very sketchy conversion factors or they're just stored as separate values!

Very un-german! 🧐

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.