R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This looks like a way for those of us with older bikes that have GPS prep included to use the BMW Connected Ride app on our phones. I'm interested and wondering when it'll be available for purchase and how it gets installed on the bike.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Like I have thought I won't believe it until I can touch it in the showroom

But it sounds exciting
But we are relying on our phones to hold the map and keep battery charger I'd still like to rely on the GPS

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Trust me as I have a 21 RT also and the Nav V or VI is way better than this app right now. I even had to put a Zumo XT on the RT to make up for the App short comings. Check some of the RT forums to get more details on the App.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Trust me as I have a 21 RT also and the Nav V or VI is way better than this app right now. I even had to put a Zumo XT on the RT to make up for the App short comings. Check some of the RT forums to get more details on the App.
This new way to use the app is s going to be a big learning curve for us who have been using the nav v or vI

Why can't BMW remain friends with Garmin and give customers a choice

·
Administrator
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This new way to use the app is s going to be a big learning curve for us who have been using the nav v or vI

Why can't BMW remain friends with Garmin and give customers a choice

Oh I plan on keeping my Nav VI and my iPhone running MapOut on the bike. This looks like something interesting to play with over the long winter months.

Touratech also has a Black Friday special on the Zumo XT with a locking/charging cradle. I'm finally ready to relegate my Nav IV to the museum collection and I'm going to put this on my other bike that doesn't have a multi-controller wheel anyway. I'm going to see what all this fuss is about over the Zumo XT. It's just money and maybe I'll let my wife put it in my stocking for the upcoming holiday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts