R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Searched and came with all 3rd generations tires except for the Trail Attack 3
so- anyone have any experience with the TA 3's curious to try them, rode with someone that had them on his Tiger 800 and likes them, just would like to know opinions from other GS riders and will not be doing anything rougher than a fire road within my GS career

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have had them on for about two months now. I've ridden through three major rain showers and the tires were excellent. Tank trails are no problem at all. I haven't done anything gnarly, so I can't evaluate the rough stuff yet. I only have about 600 miles on them, so not sure about wear. I can tell you that I believe I will get outstanding wear based on the experience of people I ride with.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not so much worried about longevity but performance of the tire as it progresses in wear
Even though I don't have the skills to push a bike beyond its limits in a controlled or uncontrolled environment I like the comfort of knowing I have more grip than my skill can exploit
so good that its good on the wet, if it's good on the wet it should do even better in the dry?
Any oddities like a drift or wobble at speed Any noise? Hows the transition from straight up to full lean? and yes as the video stated I will treat tis ADV bike as my tourer / sports tourer

·
Super Awesom Person
530 Posts
Not so much worried about longevity but performance of the tire as it progresses in wear
Even though I don't have the skills to push a bike beyond its limits in a controlled or uncontrolled environment I like the comfort of knowing I have more grip than my skill can exploit
so good that its good on the wet, if it's good on the wet it should do even better in the dry?
Any oddities like a drift or wobble at speed Any noise? Hows the transition from straight up to full lean? and yes as the video stated I will treat tis ADV bike as my tourer / sports tourer
If you want to test these tires then by all means buy a set and give us a report. If you want proven, long lasting, 90/10 tire that is awesome wet or dry and no road noise, go with the Dunlop Trailsmart. If you don't ride in the dirt at all go with the Dunlop Roadsmart.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you want to test these tires then by all means buy a set and give us a report. If you want proven, long lasting, 90/10 tire that is awesome wet or dry and no road noise, go with the Dunlop Trailsmart. If you don't ride in the dirt at all go with the Dunlop Roadsmart.
I planned on it, just not right now more towards the spring, just gathering info right now

·
Registered
26 Posts
Conti TA3

I ran a set (my second set) from South Carolina to Hyder, AK, Watson Lake, YT in May - Jun '19. Right at 9,000 miles when I got home. The last 3 days I had horrible rains and no discernible tread left. Looked like a 4x4 slick.(rear) Never slipped or did anything spooky. Longest stretch of unpaved for me was Lemhi Pass (outbound). Dry weather and no hiccups.

Still running that front but it is about done for, call it 13,000 miles.

Pretty meticulous about maintaining 42-43 psi rear and 35-36 psi front.

On Lemhi Pass, 2000 miles on tire

I think it is a great tire.

CORRECTION: Not the second set of Trail Attack 3; set before was Road Attack 3. I noticed no difference in the ride between TA3 and RA3 but better wear from Trail Attack 3.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts