R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a bike cover, for a little added protection when traveling, from both weather and vandals. What fits a loaded 18 GSA? I saw some chat about the factory cover being super tight/possibly damaging lights/mirrors/windscreen etc. So is there a good aftermarket one that anyone has used and can recommend? Or even not recommend? Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Aerostitch makes a cover that fits a fully loaded GS or GSA. It is made of lightweight water resistant ripstop fabric, is lightweight, packs smaller than anything else out there and is easy to put on and take off. It is pricey but well worth the price. I like the lighter color. It repels the sunlight and its easier to find the head and tail of the cover than the black cover.

·
Super Awesom Person
439 Posts
I was looking at that Aerostich cover. I like that it folds up very small. However is the medium the correct size for the GS and GSA? I have a GS with no trunk.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2 winters ago it snowed a lot here, broke the canopy out back...took the scraps and sewed one for a r1200 gs, yes it looks like crap, but who would think there was a GS under it? (I'm trying to cut back on $$$)

·
Registered
110 Posts
[QUqOTE=Rick92040;286227]I was looking at that Aerostich cover. I like that it folds up very small. However is the medium the correct size for the GS and GSA? I have a GS with no trunk.[/QUOTE]

I believe you will need the large.

·
30 years on 2 wheels
21 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts