R1200GS Forum banner

Cruise Control

17K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Lou Sid 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
Im looking to buy a used GS Adventure, my budget is around $9000 and from what I have seen so far I can get a 2010 - 2012 with +-20 000 miles on it. They all seem to be well speced but I cannot for the life of me find info on cruise control. (pretty important since I intend putting some serious mileage on it)
What I want to know is: does it come standard on post-2010 models?
TIA.

#2 · (Edited)
Standard? No. Most in that timeframe use a throttle lock, or those who wanted to go electronic (albeit pricey) went here:

2013 is the first year it was offered from the factory.

#10 ·
I have various throttle locks d not like them. They are good for about 2 minutes to give you had a break but unless you ride on a pane of glass any in/decline and you speed up or slow down. Riding solo isn't as bad but with a buddy or 2 its miserable.

#11 ·
With the Kaoko (and any other GOOD throttle lock), you can set it to add just a little friction, controlling the speed as usual but with a lot less fatigue on the hand/wrist.

I admit it's not a cruise control but I could not do 500 miles/day rides without it.

#12 ·
A well placed zip tie between these inner grip lip and the control housing does exactly the same thing. Not ugly, like most aftermarket throttle locks, "adjustable" friction settings, universal application (you can use it on all your bikes!) and even disposable. Hard to beat that, imho. :)

#13 ·
Hey guys,
Im looking to buy a used GS Adventure, my budget is around $9000 and from what I have seen so far I can get a 2010 - 2012 with +-20 000 miles on it. They all seem to be well speced but I cannot for the life of me find info on cruise control. (pretty important since I intend putting some serious mileage on it)
What I want to know is: does it come standard on post-2010 models?
TIA.
I put MC Cruise on my GS. About $800 and definitely a project to install. It works like a charm and I have several thousand miles on it. Definitely worth it for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.