R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are two indicators on the display for the above captioned light. One monochrome (LCD) on the left, one GREEN LED on the right. I must assume each indicator serve different functions. Can anyone please explain the distinction.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One DRL and one for ur Fog lamps
Thank you for your response. According to my manual they are both for my DRL (no fog lamps installed) but the manual does not provide an obvious distinction between them. If ever I can figure it out I will post my findings. For now my original request for information remains open. Can anyone explain please.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you post a picture of the lights you are seeing from your instrument cluster?

Photo as requested. Image taken in daylight condition. Daytime Riding Lights (DRL) status AUTO. The image represents engine off, or engine on condition, i.e. they are both the same.

From the Rider's Manual pages attached you may see the suggestion that the icon containing the letter "A" represents the Auto status of the DRL and the icon on the right side represents the Manual status of the DRL.

Assuming my assumptions above are correct, my question is how can they both be on at the same time?

And yes, I will remove the dust next time.

·
Registered
611 Posts
There are two indicators on the display for the above captioned light. One monochrome (LCD) on the left, one GREEN LED on the right. I must assume each indicator serve different functions. Can anyone please explain the distinction.
It just shows us the DRL is running. When its dark this light number 10 goes off automatically.
Where does it say the Number 10 is a manual status of the DRL?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It just shows us the DRL is running. When its dark this light number 10 goes off automatically.
Where does it say the Number 10 is a manual status of the DRL?
With your kind assistance I think I now understand as follows:-

The status of the DRL system (OE) is user selectable in the SETUP i.e. Auto or Manual.
Indicator 4 displays the status of the above selection (indicator visible = Auto selected. indicator not visible = Manual)
Indicator 10 displays the status of the DRL (illuminated or not illuminated regardless of Auto / Manual selection)

I believe the Technical Author of the English Manual could have made that feature a lot clearer than he did.

Thank you Virkdoc.

·
Registered
611 Posts
With your kind assistance I think I now understand as follows:-

The status of the DRL system (OE) is user selectable in the SETUP i.e. Auto or Manual.
Indicator 4 displays the status of the above selection (indicator visible = Auto selected. indicator not visible = Manual)
Indicator 10 displays the status of the DRL (illuminated or not illuminated regardless of Auto / Manual selection)

I believe the Technical Author of the English Manual could have made that feature a lot clearer than he did.

Thank you Virkdoc.
Welcome Pangit.....another cool feature is the courtesy light.....Im sure you know about it....just in case you dont
1) Switch of ignition
2) Pull the yellow high beam switch inwards and keep it pressed till the headlight comes on
3) Walk away
4) the headlight shuts itself after 1 minute

·
Registered
583 Posts
I have a 2017 GSA and i just went out and started it, turned on the daytime riding lights and got the green indicator (#10) on the right but not the automatic daytime riding lights indicator (#4)?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a 2017 GSA and i just went out and started it, turned on the daytime riding lights and got the green indicator (#10) on the right but not the automatic daytime riding lights indicator (#4)?
Do you have the ability on the SETUP to change DRL default from Auto to Manual? If so perhaps its set to Manual. My 10c

·
Registered
611 Posts
Ohhhhh I think I get it.....the OP doesnt seem to be in the US....neither am i.....in Canda and the US DRL is mandatory so you will not have a manual override.......hence indicator 4 will not exist cos its on all the time

1 - 18 of 18 Posts