R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why can I edit my own posts but not delete them entirely? I can change a post by wholly replacing its content with something else, even total gibberish. But I can’t remove it. Why?

·
Administrator
208 Posts
Only moderators and admins are able to delete a post, as needed, for situations such as duplicate posts. Simply report the post for staff assistance.

Special Note: If a thread is deleted, it then deletes all the responses and thus other people’s posts too. Or, when deleting a post, people may respond. Then, if you delete one post, the following posts will not make sense - because one is missing it, it destroys the understanding and flow.

- Cricket

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, admin, but with all due respect, you answered what I already know; that is, THAT I cannot delete my own posts. What I asked is WHY can’t I delete my own posts. It makes no sense that I can’t delete a post but I can delete the entire content of the post as long as I leave a period or two or random letters in its place. Why should I have to play that kind of game and unnecessarily clutter a thread with that kind of nonsense rather than just delete the post.

·
Administrator
208 Posts
There isn't a way to divide it for sometimes it is okay and sometimes it isn't.

If a thread is deleted, it then deletes all the responses and thus other people’s posts too. Or, when deleting a post, people may respond. Then, if you delete one post, the following posts will not make sense - because one is missing it, it destroys the understanding and flow.

- Cricket

1 - 4 of 4 Posts