R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Look at the video carefully. It's the side stand that's popping the bead. They all come with a side stand.
^^^ This is correct. If you look at the video when he is breaking the lug nut loose you can see the side stand is up. Then he cuts to the part of breaking the bead and you can not see it up anymore.

·
Registered
8 Posts
His comment was tongue in cheek. The bead popper IS the side stand; ergo since all (most) bikes have a side stand they also have a bead popper! 😉

·
Registered
502 Posts
Good video.
So is it safe to say, if you are replacing the tire with the same tire you don't need to balance it?
I would think you would want to check the balance?
I saw weights on his rear tire?
I assume from the previous change?
Or, just not part of this video?

·
Super Awesom Person
442 Posts
Good video.
So is it safe to say, if you are replacing the tire with the same tire you don't need to balance it?
I would think you would want to check the balance?
I saw weights on his rear tire?
I assume from the previous change?
Or, just not part of this video?
No. You need to balance it. However it is handy that you can pop the bead and fix a tire if your out in the middle of no place.

·
Registered
96 Posts
So the argument is you only need to balance it if there is an imbalance. I recently put a set of Shinko 705's on my 07 GS and purposely did not balance them. Put the tires on the wheels and then the wheels on the bike and 5,000+ miles later, smooth as silk.

·
Registered
1 Posts
WOW! That had to be the quickest tire change in the history of tires. :grin2:
Even with three levers, I had a hell of a time getting the tire on and off my SV.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts