R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 1250 GSA
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here from Johnson City TN. Bought my first GSA, a '19, last October and absolutely love it!

Kevin

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome, Kevin. Congratulations on your new bike!

I'm in Arizona now but headed your way in ~30 days.......Maryville, TN area specifically. We'll have to connect for a ride soon. Enjoy...

·
Registered
824 Posts
Have a group of riding buddies in the Johnson City area. Beautiful part of the country and great roads are nearby. People are also friendly.

Must stops when in town Bayou Boys for fried green tomato's and Broasters chicken for livers and biscuits on Roan street.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Welcome @Qbird66 !
Sounds like you're on a nice area there in Tennessee. I've been to Millington while I was in the Navy in 1983. Son talks about moving to Nashville area. Ride safe!

·
Registered
36 Posts
New guy here from Johnson City TN. Bought my first GSA, a '19, last October and absolutely love it!

Kevin
Welcome! Been there in 2006 when the BMW MOA International Rally was held there in the Fairgrounds. Had a great time.

·
Super Moderator
946 Posts
You live in a great area for that bike! There's so much to explore in the Smokys and the Pisgah NF, the Smoky 500 & 1000 tracks, the TAT through Eastern Tenn, and the list goes on and on for getting some dirt roads under your tires and the twisty pavement is some of the best in the country! I get there a few times a year to ride with friends.

Enjoy the new ride!

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Hey Kevin,

Been a while since I've heard anything from you (the good ole K1600 days).

·
Registered
178 Posts
Welcome! Just came back from a great trip with a lot of riding in your neck of the woods. Spent 2 separate nights at the Carnegie in Johnson City. Came down through The Snake in Shady Valley'on our way to Birmingham. Fun! And that country store is amazing! Had to hit The Snake back up on the ride home. Also discovered Little Switzerland next door in NC. That was up there with some of the best roads I've ever been on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts