R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a Quality Electric coat to sell. Montana fall and spring riding gets cold.

·
Super Moderator
479 Posts
I picked up a heated vest last Fall, worked well for me. Works with a USB power pack or USB plugged to bike. My hands are typically my challenge when it falls below 40°F, heated grips keep palm warm but not the tops! Have a riding buddy with Hippo Hands and swears by them.

·
Super Moderator
714 Posts
Once you've used a heated mid-layer, well, I can't imagine you're going to have much luck finding anyone to part with theirs unless they've upgraded to something better (or moved to the tropics :)) This stuff is a real game changer. I used Gerbing for years until the company was bought and the new owners changed the commitment Gerbing made to me on their warranty. When mine started giving me an occasional shock, and they wanted money to make it right, I ditched it and went with Warm N Safe with the wireless heat controller. It's been tested by going through BC and the Yukon to Alaska in April and many other winter rides and works great for me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I FOUND ONE A GUY NEVER USED IT, BUT SOLD. I WANT TO USE MY EXISTING PORT OR PLUG ON MY 2009 1200 GSA. THANKS, I;LL LOOK INTO WARM AND SAFE.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The 12V plug in heated gear from Cycle Gear get good reviews. I have an old Gerbing and when it goes tits up CG will probably me my go to. I think is Warm-N-Safe brand?

I don't use wireless controllers or rheostats I just use an on/off rocker switch. While not adjustable its a lot more fool proof.

Another thing to consider is a heated seat. I bought a bike in February that had one and when the mercury dips down in the single digits its a welcome addition. The boys will thank you.

I have a spare seat coming in the mail tomorrow and am going to buy a aftermarket heating pad and make my own heated seat.

·
'05 R 1200 Gs
615 Posts
Anyone have a Quality Electric coat to sell. Montana fall and spring riding gets cold.
What size do you need? I was given a 12v heated vest/ by a guy who used it once. It is too large for me and I have no use for it. I live in So Florida and use layers for mountain and cooler weather riding on trips.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts