R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help with my 2014 R1200GS; a few days ago it started to sound strange, then at a traffic light, the engine reved up to 3 to 4K and the throttle did not respond. I could ride it very slowly for a short time.
The GS911 reported something about the throttle body, so I took them apart and cleaned them. Now the bike sounds much better, however the problem remains the same: it does not hold at 1000 RPM and after a few minutes, it revs up again with no throttle response.
Replacing the spark plugs (had about 15K on them) did not make a different. I've ordered a set of ignition coils which are out of stock, so I'll have to wait for that change.
Am I on the right track here? What else should I be checking for?

·
Administrator
1,379 Posts
I think you're on the right track suspecting the throttle position sensor. Well, it's either that or your bike is possessed and needs an exorcism.

Reactions: Krons

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had a piece of lint jamming the left throttle body (after an improper filter installation…). On my 2009 the left throttle body has the position sensor so it would rev to wherever the throttle body got stuck at and stay there. You said you cleaned it but the symptoms seem similar. Otherwise on my bike I would look at the throttle cables, too, but your LC is throttle by wire so I don’t know what can go wrong there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts