R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we went riding in the Himalayas and three of us had the Rukka Armaxis Goretex Pro Jacket.
All three jackets failed in the same place with the zippers unable to close or would randomly open while riding.
On closer examination we found that the fine dust causes the rukka zippers to kind of get etched at the tip causing its failure.
Its a great jacket thats for sure but its not meant for fine dusty conditions......we would be shifting to Klim I guess.
We are still struggling with warranty issues on the jackets.....all three of us.
They dont have a repair center in the USA.....so that would mean shipping the jackets to Germany where they were purchased.
Rukka Inida would have only helped if the jackets were purchased before Rukka entered India.
All in all an amazing jacket but not meant for fine dust........

·
Super Awesom Person
575 Posts
I had that dust problem with my boots. Some zipper wax fixed it. You can get it on Amazon or any scuba shop.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Other jackets like Joe Rockets etc did ok....I think the waterprrof zipper has very little tolerance and once the dust gets in the edges became frayed

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was looking for a Rukka jacket to ride in the Palm Springs area. Maybe I should stick to Klim because of the dust.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking for a Rukka jacket to ride in the Palm Springs area. Maybe I should stick to Klim because of the dust.
They changed the Zip now to what they say is a better one.....so lets see.....its an amazing jacket though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts