R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2016 R1200GS from our local dealer. The dealership had just changed hands and they have not selected a company for extended warranty yet. I thought I would start checking into companies myself and am looking for recommendations. I'm in Albuquerque, New Mexico (Not new, not Mexico).

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have Zurich, and they have covered everything with no issues or drama.

I would get them again

Kam

·
Hopeful new 1250 GSA'er
20 Posts
Kam, can you let us know what Zurich calls the policy? Is it identified simply as an extended vehicle policy? Probably there were deductibles, but were there other components of coverage in the policy?
Cheers

·
Registered
373 Posts
Kam, can you let us know what Zurich calls the policy? Is it identified simply as an extended vehicle policy? Probably there were deductibles, but were there other components of coverage in the policy?
Cheers
I truly know nothing more than it's Zurich. The service manager said something like "...we're waiting for the Zurich rep to give ok before we start...".

I had to get my engine opened up to fix/replace a plastic thingy. They had to clean the whole engine...it was something like $3000+ dollars. Covered.

Gas cap broken, replaced, $500+. Covered.

No deductible.

I got it from San Jose BMW Motorcycles, 2015

Kam

·
Registered
57 Posts
My dealer is with McGraw insurance for extended warranty. They wanted 2000 for four years unlimited mileage and I got it for 1400. Prices are negotiable shop around.

·
Registered
288 Posts
i think extended warranties are a con

Insurance companies are, by nature, tight as fishes' a**holes - and that's watertight!
If they thought for a minute theyd have to pay out, they wouldn't offer it.
Seriously, save your money and service your bike regularly and properly. Genuine issues are (usually) dealt with by recalls.
just my $0.02

Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts