R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this pretty interesting review on the upcoming new Schuberth C5 modular Helmet. These guys do a pretty darn good job on reviewing helmets

Very interesting to see it doesn't come out on top in a head to head with the Shoei Neotec 2 , the HJC RPHA90 and some other expensive modular helmets. The modular helmet market used to be theirs, but they can seem to come out on top any longer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I came across this pretty interesting review on the upcoming new Schuberth C5 modular Helmet. These guys do a pretty darn good job on reviewing helmets

Very interesting to see it doesn't come out on top in a head to head with the Shoei Neotec 2 , the HJC RPHA90 and some other expensive modular helmets. The modular helmet market used to be theirs, but they can seem to come out on top any longer.
Was I watching a different video?? Seems like the C5 blows everything else away!!

·
Registered
2017 White GSA
1,362 Posts
I wouldn't say Schuberth blows the others away, but it does come in second in their evaluation.
I have owned two C3Pros since 2013. Tried the C4 before I bought my last C3Pro and did not care for it. Just didn't fit as well.
I like the comfort and quiet of the C3Pro.
I will try the C5 when the time comes for a new helmet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They basically say they are pretty even but the neotec still beats it by a slight margen. They probably both are really good helmets

·
Registered
GS1200 Adventure 2006 + GS1200 LC 2017
6 Posts
I recently bought a C4 pro but just could not stop it misting up. New pinlock was fitted by the store, but it still kept misting, in the end I exchanged for the Nolan N100 Plus and I'm glad I did - Nolans seem to work for me. Shame because I never got to test the Shuberth properly.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I recently bought a C4 pro but just could not stop it misting up. New pinlock was fitted by the store, but it still kept misting, in the end I exchanged for the Nolan N100 Plus and I'm glad I did - Nolans seem to work for me. Shame because I never got to test the Shuberth properly.
The pinlock needs some adjustment to stop it from misting up. Once you get the hang of it you are good!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was I watching a different video?? Seems like the C5 blows everything else away!!
I rode 400 miles last weekend wearing the new C5. Great helmet other the the visor crashing down at speeds over 60mph and a recall on the SC2 communication system.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I rode 400 miles last weekend wearing the new C5. Great helmet other the the visor crashing down at speeds over 60mph and a recall on the SC2 communication system.
hows the visor view? Seems a little smaller than the C4 Pro hence i was a little sceptical

·
Registered
2 Posts
hows the visor view? Seems a little smaller than the C4 Pro hence i was a little sceptical
I switch helmets depending on the bike I’m riding and my mood. My goto helmet is Schuberts SR2 I didn’t noticing a difference in view between the C5, the C3 and the SR2

·
Super Awesom Person
815 Posts
I'm tired of the sun on my visor and in my eyes and am looking at the Schuberth E1. Same helmet only with a removable visor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts