R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I bought a 05 GS with less than 2000 miles. I guess I'm breaking in a 14 year old bike. I live in Central Oregon lots of areas to ride. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Congrats on a nice find. What I'd do if not already done

1. Buy a GS911 tool.

2. Flush and bleed the brakes. Then run the GS911 software to check for codes/faults and set the next service out to 7,000

3. Change the oils (engine, transmission and rear drive)

4. If the tires are 14 years old consider replacing them. I just picked up a pair of Shinko 705's for $146.00 delivered. Pretty cheap insurance.

5. Take a weeks vacation, load up the bike and head to some obscure destination.

Most important thing is ride the wheels off dat bish!

·
Senile Member on 2006 GS
263 Posts
Congrats on a nice find. What I'd do if not already done

1. Buy a GS911 tool.

2. Flush and bleed the brakes. Then run the GS911 software to check for codes/faults and set the next service out to 7,000

3. Change the oils (engine, transmission and rear drive)

4. If the tires are 14 years old consider replacing them. I just picked up a pair of Shinko 705's for $146.00 delivered. Pretty cheap insurance.

5. Take a weeks vacation, load up the bike and head to some obscure destination.

Most important thing is ride the wheels off dat bish!
Pretty much covers everything I was going to say, but I will add... check the NHTSA database to confirm that all recalls related to this bike (I know of two: fuel pump flange and rear wheel flange, both of which are safety related) have been done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts