R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone may have insight into whether certain R1200 accessories will transfer over to a new R1250GS.

I have a 2017 R1200GS and have decided to purchase a new 2020 model R1250GS, lowered suspension model. BMW accessories tend to be expensive, as we all know, and it would be handy not to have to buy them all again. These are the items I got for the 1200:

1) Vario panniers and top-case
2) BMW tank bag
3) Perspex headlight protector
4) Rad-guards, fixed immediately in front of the left and right radiator sections
5) Plastic cylinder-head protectors

Does anyone know the extent to which the above are likey to transfer straight across tp the new 1250? (In relation to item 5, I'd be a bit surprised if this would transfer, given the different cylinder-head design on the new model).

Thank you.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hoping someone may have insight into whether certain R1200 accessories will transfer over to a new R1250GS.

I have a 2017 R1200GS and have decided to purchase a new 2020 model R1250GS, lowered suspension model. BMW accessories tend to be expensive, as we all know, and it would be handy not to have to buy them all again. These are the items I got for the 1200:

1) Vario panniers and top-case
2) BMW tank bag
3) Perspex headlight protector
4) Rad-guards, fixed immediately in front of the left and right radiator sections
5) Plastic cylinder-head protectors

Does anyone know the extent to which the above are likey to transfer straight across tp the new 1250? (In relation to item 5, I'd be a bit surprised if this would transfer, given the different cylinder-head design on the new model).

Thank you.
1,2,3 yes.....4 and 5 not sure!

·
Registered
124 Posts
In september 2016 BMW launched, as usual, the model year 2017 GS with a.o. an improved gearbox, hardened coated cylinder walls and some more improvements.... however, during the EICMA SHOW of November 2016, BMW suddenly announced that the MY 2017 would receive an aesthetic update from January 2017 on... in other words, a facelift (which is still the actual look of the 1250 GS nowadays).. hence my question about which 2017 model we were talking...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts