R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw these on a passing R1200 and they really caught my attention. Steady flash that caught my eye from a distance but not obnoxious. I found the bike but not the owner.

Curious if anyone knows what they are.

Looks like they can be on solid or flash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
39 Posts
Looks like a light that mounts under a bicycle seat - running off a small battery vs. wiring it in. Might need to get creative on mounting it but that's a pretty smart option for extra conspicuity at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
LED pods of you choosing and a $5 flasher module. Legality is possibly another story.

shopping.png

FWIW I dislike strobe lights. I think it confuses people. They do not know if its an emergency vehicle or not as the strobing light is not a color they are used too. I think they fixate on it and get tunnel vision. Or if you are behind them I think once they realize its a non-emergency vehicle the strobe feature pisses them off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LED pods of you choosing and a $5 flasher module. Legality is possibly another story.

View attachment 30540

FWIW I dislike strobe lights. I think it confuses people. They do not know if its an emergency vehicle or not as the strobing light is not a color they are used too. I think they fixate on it and get tunnel vision. Or if you are behind them I think once they realize its a non-emergency vehicle the strobe feature pisses them off.
That makes sense to me. I would be annoyed with flashing lights behind me. I caught them briefly around a corner. Thanks for the insight, I’ll stick with non-blinking lights for visibility.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Clearwater Krista set up has a flashing feature that actuates when you hit the horn.

That is probably how his was set up. Honk the horn for a flash, maybe he bumped it around the curve or was excited to se me

Looks like good stealthy auxiliary lights

·
Registered
2016 R1200GS Triple Black
13 Posts
I am with Enzo, my Denali's are set to flash off the horn or with a triple flick of the high beam they go through a series of flashes for about ten or 15 seconds. It's nice to be able to use them to get someones attention when that little voice is telling you they are about to do something stupid. Agree on the constant flash that the annoyance and legal issues could make them worse than not. While I hated the price, I also got the Lonerider headlight guard and love the amber cover for the G light. I think it is just unusual enough to grab some attention without creating the tunnel vision effect. When I get done with my move, I will try for some pictures of my bike now that it is mostly done with my desired tweaks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Check into Skene lights. They specialize in these LED lights that increase your bikes visibility.. They are designed to catch attention by flickering when viewed of axis which catches other drivers attention but don't flicker head on. Apparently they have done a lot of research into this. They have rear lighting solutions to enhance stop lights too. Made in USA. Their URL is
skenedesign.com

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Check into Skene lights. They specialize in these LED lights that increase your bikes visibility.. They are designed to catch attention by flickering when viewed of axis which catches other drivers attention but don't flicker head on. Apparently they have done a lot of research into this. They have rear lighting solutions to enhance stop lights too. Made in USA. Their URL is
skenedesign.com
The Skene lights look pretty cool and bike specific. I think I may give them a try. Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
skenedesign.com
The Skene lights look pretty cool setup and bike specific. I think I may give them a try. Thanks for the information.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
The Skene lights look pretty cool setup and bike specific. I think I may give them a try. Thanks for the information.

I used Skeen lights front and rear for several years and they're very nice. I noticed a much finer class of autos pulling out in front of me.:) Later, though, I upgraded to Clearwater Darlas with yellow lenses and run them at 100% aimed low & wide. In my opinion, they're much better.

Skeen Photon Blasters:

Clearwater Darlas:

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts