R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fisherman on 2 wheels!
162 Posts
Neat place to camp

The rally in Camp Blanding is a neat place. The weather is 50/50. This year was pleasant and 2018 was in the mid 20's so tent camping proved a challenge.

You have to be a club member to get a cabin so come prepared to camp and there are no hotels near by. You will have access to the small PX so no need to transport beer/spirits, you can get them there.

The rally food is great and they raffles are excellent. Cool seminars if you don't want to ride and just hang out.

·
Just Another Guy!!!!
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spent a few years in Starke when I was young, my dad was head pro of Starke Country Club. I would imagine the hotels that are on Main St. fill up there....camping ok to!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've been twice, enjoyed it both times. The problem for me is I live in the mid-Atlantic and riding home afterward is a crapshoot weather-wise. I take the Auto Train from Sanford to Lorton, then it's 2 hours home on the slab. In 2016 I heard about it too late to register but I remember it was slushy afterward, in 2017 it was fine, in 2019 my feet damn near got frostbit. I have other plans for this year but if I go in 2021 I'm bringing my electric socks for sure. Either that or stay down south until the weather at home breaks in March :)

Since it's on a military installation (Florida National Guard) there are no late/ride-up registrations. They only allow 500 people (I think it's 500) and when they're full, that's it. They won't let you on base if your name isn't on the registration list. Also required are helmet and hi-viz w/reflective - a vest will do.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Never attended before but will be attending and tenting it this trip . Hoping for a good trip!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yes..attended the Rally a few years ago..you’ll need reflective tape or vest as per Camp Blandings policy. As I recall the dinner was included as well as indoor and outdoor vendors.

Though the local LEO demonstration was interesting to watch..but definitely had a ‘good ol boy’ feel to their answers to questions during their noon seminar... ��

1 - 10 of 10 Posts