R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They were a little tall for my 5-8 30" inseam frame so I bought the BMW seats. Wasn't familiar with Russell Day-Longs, wish I had tried harder to be happier with them. Have since traded bike so I don't have a good home for them. Good condition, please e-mail me if interested. $500 plus shipping for the pair. I'm close to Memphis, TN.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Saw some of the posts about scammers posting here, and especially be suspicious of new members first posts, like me! I'm new to forums altogether, maybe like a lot of 60 year olds. I'll be happy to discuss via phone my credibility, you can look me up on LinkedIn, these are not on ebay, and paypal is great. It is amazing and concerning the number of people who try to deceive online, buyer beware no doubt.

Here's a youtube video by me, which anybody with an empty BMW Nav cradle might be interested in.

And a photo of me and my wife of 31 years on Trail of the Dragon last October!

Not bragging, just giving some assurance I'm for real and showing why I'm not more active on a GS forum.

Thanks to the forum managers for this opportunity and for your consideration of my seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I bought the bike I decoded the VIN and there was no indication of a low seat. Also, I replaced these Russell's with BMW low seat before I sold the bike and it was way lower than this one so I don't think the prior owner changed seat to low and then sent to Russell. I'm confident they were standard BMW seat modified by russell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi.
Do you still have these seats for sale ?

if so would you be willing to send to the Uk ?

Im desperate for these and unfortunately non in the Uk..

Thanks.

Jim.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi.
Do you still have these seats for sale ?

if so would you be willing to send to the Uk ?

Im desperate for these and unfortunately non in the Uk..

Thanks.

Jim.
Jim, of course! Just have to figure out the shipping cost. If you give me your address I can get it quoted from UPS and FedEx or any other shipper you'd like. I might have box and enough packing if not I'll have to buy. I'll show you all shipping costs.

Do you have an idea of how to make payment so that we're both protected?

By the way Russell is on my R1250RT now. BIG IMPROVEMENT!! Kind of like sitting on a chair, just shift weight occasionally. Just had a 10 hour day very nice.

I'm out of town back next week before I can do any of this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jim, of course! Just have to figure out the shipping cost. If you give me your address I can get it quoted from UPS and FedEx or any other shipper you'd like. I might have box and enough packing if not I'll have to buy. I'll show you all shipping costs.

Do you have an idea of how to make payment so that we're both protected?

By the way Russell is on my R1250RT now. BIG IMPROVEMENT!! Kind of like sitting on a chair, just shift weight occasionally. Just had a 10 hour day very nice.

I'm out of town back next week before I can do any of this.
that’s brilliant!

my work address is

DMC service centre
Great lime road
Westmoor
Newcastle upon tyne
NE126RU
United Kingdom.

I could pay via pay pal if you use that ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that’s brilliant!

my work address is

DMC service centre
Great lime road
Westmoor
Newcastle upon tyne
NE126RU
United Kingdom.

I could pay via pay pal if you use that ?
Sounds perfect. I’ll try to get you shipping cost this week. If you are willing to pay up front with PayPal that’ll make it easy I’ll have these coming your way ASAP. I lived in St Andrews for a year, love gin and tonics, and you can look me up on LinkedIn. No worries.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds perfect. I’ll try to get you shipping cost this week. If you are willing to pay up front with PayPal that’ll make it easy I’ll have these coming your way ASAP. I lived in St Andrews for a year, love gin and tonics, and you can look me up on LinkedIn. No worries.

·
Super Moderator
1,080 Posts
@FreeRider and @Jim robson
I would delete all this personal information once you each have it. Bad Idea to post it on a public site for spambots to pick it up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts