R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATED 14-Jun Passenger seat sold.

For sale - One(1) Wunderlich Aktivkomfort Rider seat, black in color, that I had installed on my 2020 R1250GSA. Used but great condition with only about 1.4k miles miles on it.

Rider seat = 'Standard' seat height, non-heated model

From Wunderlich's website:
Rider Seat Standard Height

• Standard Seat Height for the R1200 GS & R1250 GS
  • -20 mm seat height for the R1250 GS Adventure & R1200 GS Adventure

I have Zelle or PayPal available.
  • Brand: Wunderlich
  • Rider seat Part No.: 42720402
  • Desc: One(1) seat, Black color
  • Qty: 1 Rider seat
  • Condition: Used, great condition showing actual condition in HD photos, ships in original Wunderlich shipping box
  • New price: Rider seat $649.95 + shipping.
$520 shipped or pick up locally in Knoxville, TN area
Font Composite material Pattern Metal Circle
Blue Rectangle Headgear Shade Material property
Hood Rectangle Headgear Font Shade
Tire Grille Vehicle Hood Automotive tire
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive tire
Carbon Automotive exterior Tints and shades Auto part Bag

·
Registered
6 Posts
can you tell me if the rider seat tends to tip you forward?
I'm trying to find a seat for my 2021 GSA..... I have sergeants on it right now - (for the rider ) front on high setting back on low... big improvement from stock but the search continues....
Did you have this "problem" ever ?
Best Regards, Paul

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Paul - so no, the seat doesn't push you forward at all. That's specifically why I bought the seat as well. That plus the cooler seat surface over a normal seat. I'd estimate the cooling effect to be true but not night/day true. Just a little less hot.

I was running my stock seat high in front & low in rear to keep from getting the dreaded 'butt up' riding style. I'm not really an aftermarket seat guy unless it's needed. I felt it was needed to level me out and I had a chance to sit on a Wunderlich seat locally that I thought fit very well so I bought them. I think that's the common theme.....that BMW stock seats push you forward. Lotta threads on that phenomenon. The dip in the rider seat actually favors a neutral position with the BMW adjusters either both high or both low.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Mmaxstar67 So thank you for the inquiry! There's a rule on this forum that we need to abide by. It protects both of us.....mainly me now since I'm established on this forum.

Rule:

I agree with it though. Hang around a bit and get to know some folks! Check back in a week or so if still interested. Apologies to you - absolutely not meant to be harsh...here......there was a recent post of a scammer and I had a questionable inquiry as well on an item.

·
Registered
2020 bmw 1250gs
17 Posts
@Mmaxstar67 So thank you for the inquiry! There's a rule on this forum that we need to abide by. It protects both of us.....mainly me now since I'm established on this forum.

Rule:

I agree with it though. Hang around a bit and get to know some folks! Check back in a week or so if still interested. Apologies to you - absolutely not meant to be harsh...here......there was a recent post of a scammer and I had a questionable inquiry as well on an item.
No worries, i totally understand. 🙂

·
Registered
333 Posts
I bought the front seat (high version) recently in view of a long trip through Germany and Austria.

In can thoroughly recommend it : we rode up to 8 hours per day for a week and whereas my mate frequently had to stand up on the pegs because of a sore butt, I kept on sitting down in comfort… it’s a really, really great seat, that’s only a bit expensive, if bought new.

The blemish is probably caused by one wrongly executed installation… I had it too on a previous bike and the dealer recommended to put a drop of glue on it and leave it alone, just to prevent it from tearing further.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts