R1200GS Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks to a link posted by PerazziMx14, I just bought two pre-owned Vario side cases and locks, with the locks already removed. Turns out some of the numbered tumbler plates and springs are missing. I have 1's and 3's, only enough to partially complete one lock.

Following the guidance on this forum and a few how-to videos, I moved around the plates I have to find out what fits. So I need two 3's, four 2's, and six springs. I'd rather not "spring" (pun) for the OEM replacement lock kits, so I'm hoping someone has a few bits lying around collecting dust. Shipping would be to 07652. :)
I’m still looking for two 3's, four 2's, and six springs.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Your dealership can get you pins.

Personally I just rearrange the pins that do work and remove the pins that don't work. As long as the barrel locks with my key I don't care it 1 or all 5 in are in. Sure the chances are greater than more BMW keys will now fit the more universal lock but I'm not worried about other BMW owners. Locks keep honest people honest.

My DR650 have locking gas caps keyed to the ignition. I remove the locking tab so you no longer need a key to remove the cap. One day a buddy was filing u phis bike and pushed mine over to fill up. He hollered over I need you keys to unlock the gas cap. I said nope just unscrew it. The illusion of a lock is sometimes stronger than a lock

21 - 24 of 24 Posts