R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy's, I have a 2010 GS with a front brake issue. I was on a trip when my front brakes locked up . I opened the bleeder valve to relieve pressure. I brought it to a dealer and the tech worked on it for 3 hours and said it must be the ABS module. long story short I drove the bike to my destination without front brakes. I rebuilt the front calipers and bled the front brakes. I removed the hand guard and went for a test drive, they are not locking up but pressure is applied and the bike wont roll easy. I hear all the servos clicking when I turn the power on and I have no ABS warning lights on .
Is it possible to have a damaged ABS module and no errors flashing?
Could there be a blockage in the ABS module?
my next step was to rebuild the master cylinder but cannot find a rebuild kit for it....
Has anyone heard of an ABS module fluid blockage?
Any suggestions on what to do next?

·
Super Moderator
597 Posts
A couple things...you mention servos, a 2010 should not have servo brakes. When my 07 ABS was bad (ABS motor issue) my brakes worked fine without ABS. So the only way the ABS could be at fault is if it was applying pressure when it should not be. I would suspect something mechanical...may need to remove lines and verify no debris in them.

Hopefully others chime in.

These guys would be your go-to for fixing the ABS module if that is it:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A couple things...you mention servos, a 2010 should not have servo brakes. When my 07 ABS was bad (ABS motor issue) my brakes worked fine without ABS. So the only way the ABS could be at fault is if it was applying pressure when it should not be. I would suspect something mechanical...may need to remove lines and verify no debris in them.

Hopefully others chime in.

These guys would be your go-to for fixing the ABS module if that is it:
what i mean is the the clicking humming sound you get when you turn the key on.
I called Module master and they don't deal with the fluid part of the ABS module. I asked if they could test the fluid portion of the ABS and they said the couldn't.

This happened when I was on the Lolo Motorway (part of the Idaho BDR) , maybe the vibration from the 95 miles of rough terrain.
all brake lines show no visible damage,
If I pump the front brakes and release when the engine is off and try to turn the front wheel it has resistance and eventually will fade.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i found the issue.
the fluid path on the ABS aluminum block for the front brakes are slightly blocked. when pushing air though the rear side it flows good. when you do the same for the front path it's very restrictive!
Where can I get just the fluid part of the ABS Module?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts