R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tapping into collective knowledge...
I own a 2012 rallye edition 1200gs (oil cooled).
Due to a bad tire, I put it on it's side (slipped out) once. I changed out the front tire, noticed a bunch of vibration, checked the tire/wheel balance...and noticed a "jump" in the wheel rotation while it was being balanced on the machine...
I live in El Salvador; the mechanic (1) here is not so good. Should I get a new rim only? Any issues I should consider regarding spokes, hub...?
Second issue is when I give the throttle a quick snap while in traffic...sometimes combustion is incorrect and it seems like it's going to turn off, and a couple of time it actually has...
Thoughts on this?
Thanks

·
Registered
402 Posts
For the front wheel: I would check it for trueness, without a tire on it. There is a chance you may have gotten a bad tire, it happens.
The acceleration issue sounds just like what I had on my 09, and my friend had on his 12. Both of these where fixed with the installation of the Booster Plug. Others on this forum have had the same results by installing the Accelerator Module. They are basically the same plug and play device. They smooth out the idle, and eliminate the dead spot just off idle.
Good luck.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Could the tire not be fully seated on the rim? There should be a small ridge on the side of the tire that is the same distance from the rim all of the way around.

You can make a run out gauge with a chopstick and a rubber band. With the front wheel off the ground, and by slowly turning it, you should be able to see if it is bent or out of round.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts