R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
My fuel strip also is not so accurate, as far as I know, this is a second, first is replaced because of recall about fuel pump and whole module (fiel pump, strip, controller and sealing) was replaced with new under recall. For me this is very rough reading of fuel level. First reading after full is approx half of tank, but every time after filling up to max, set the trip one to zero and know that up to next filling I have max 280 - 300 km range for 20 liters GS tank. Also hear that fuel act like a cooler for pump, and not so recommended to stay below min.
Actually when fill tank in 280 km reading I add about 12liters, that means I still have 8 liters in tank (4 liters in left and right halfs). Up to this moment still have not reading for last 4 liters on the display. More than this I think is under risk for empty/ overheat fuel pump and recommend fill up to max.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.