R1200GS Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
First of all the bike: 2010 R1200gs cam head with 24,000 miles.

I bought the bike two years ago with only 14,000 miles on the clock. Due to UK Covid restrictions over the past year the bike has been used very little and stood for nearly four months over the winter.
I have decided to add Redex injector cleaner to a fresh tank of fuel and to see if any benefits can be noticed.

Has anyone used a similar product and if so how did it go.?

·
Registered
893 Posts
From 6:07am Saturday morning to 3:30pm Monday afternoon I ran 45 gallons of fuel through my 2007 R1200GS. That did more to clean out the fuel system than any elixir off the shelf.

Look up the Hot Shot's MSDS and tell us what ordinary chemical it is you are WAY over paying for.

·
Registered
6 Posts
PerazziMx14,
Understand completely your perspective about spending WAY too much money for a product, got it. The SDS is here https://hss-cdn-lubricationspeci.ne...ATA-SHEET-Gasoline-Extreme-Rev-4-6-21-min.pdf
I have read it and have used their products. Does it mean that everyone should, nope. The question a member asked ... so as a member I responded. Crazy thing is some will pay WAY too much money to take their machine to a dealer every time there is a squeak, rattle, or even for all regular service. Thing it is about..... choices. So maybe instead of being critical about someone's perspective/opinion please do not get upset when someone is critical of you and your perspective.
Be well my fellow rider.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts