R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys your help is needed once again
I have a gs and have a fault with my fuel gauge so took it to Beamer in Oxford and they changed the fuel gauge sensor but it's saying that I am one bar over the reserve but the thing is I have only done 125.5 miles to the tank so far any
Which i know from before the gauge was changed is roughly half the tank so my question to you all is how many miles should I be getting to a tank of fuel

Dafydd

·
Reprobate
141 Posts
In my 07 the low fuel warning usually comes on at about 175 miles. I've done as much as 50 miles after it came on but have never run it dry out of pure fear of being stranded.

·
HairyDad/6 kids
102 Posts
I have a 2005 and always get around 200 mi +/-. I don't like the idea of running it out of gas so those so those should be pretty much safe numbers to ride by.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
It depends a whole lot on the load, the wind, and your right wrist. Fuel quality might play a part, too. I've gotten as low as 32 MPG (range 160 miles) and as high as 50 MPG (range 250 miles). Most of the time with my load and riding style I get about 44 MPG which means a range of about 220 miles. The low fuel indicator comes on somewhere around 170~190 miles.

I've never run the bike out of gas. I must have come close, though, as I've put over 5 gallons into the bike more than once.

·
Not that senior.
702 Posts
Mileage

I am in Km in Australia, but the conversion is easy to do.
1 imp gallon = Four point Six Litres
1 US gallon = Three point Nine Litres
I will get between 400, and 430 km on a tank of Ninety Five RON fuel, slightly better on Ninety Eight.
warning usually pops up with 80 km to empty.

·
Old Guy
75 Posts
This is the first bike I have owned with a fuel gauge in over 40 years of riding, so I really do not pay attention to the fuel gauge. I know I can easily ride 200 miles plus, so I fill up between 150 and 200 miles.

·
R120oGS Hooligan
34 Posts
My 05 with the filler neck removed has a max range of 220 miles. The countdown usually starts at 180. With the filler neck it was 200 miles.

That is city/highway (25 mile commute which the highway is stop and go in the afternoon) mix with reasonable throttle sometimes wide open sometimes not 80 mph highway speed.

·
I'd rather be flying
236 Posts
I've gotten rid of the fuel neck also so my capacity went up about 1/2 gallon. As fuel economy goes, I usually get 44 mpg and have never dipped below 40 even at speeds higher than posted allowable limits with full luggage ;). My best is 59 mpg a couple of times while maxing out the speed at 55 during some canyon carving. That's hard to repeat. But it seems as if I get better mileage when I'm higher in elevation.

The low fuel indicator comes on between 170 and 200 miles for me. If I push it, I can run over 250 miles to a tank. The least amount of fuel that has ever been in my tank was when my miles remaining was 9. Did 260 miles that day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts