R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys your help is needed once again
I have a gs and have a fault with my fuel gauge so took it to Beamer in Oxford and they changed the fuel gauge sensor but it's saying that I am one bar over the reserve but the thing is I have only done 125.5 miles to the tank so far any
Which i know from before the gauge was changed is roughly half the tank so my question to you all is how many miles should I be getting to a tank of fuel

Dafydd

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
It depends a whole lot on the load, the wind, and your right wrist. Fuel quality might play a part, too. I've gotten as low as 32 MPG (range 160 miles) and as high as 50 MPG (range 250 miles). Most of the time with my load and riding style I get about 44 MPG which means a range of about 220 miles. The low fuel indicator comes on somewhere around 170~190 miles.

I've never run the bike out of gas. I must have come close, though, as I've put over 5 gallons into the bike more than once.

·
Not that senior.
700 Posts
Mileage

I am in Km in Australia, but the conversion is easy to do.
1 imp gallon = Four point Six Litres
1 US gallon = Three point Nine Litres
I will get between 400, and 430 km on a tank of Ninety Five RON fuel, slightly better on Ninety Eight.
warning usually pops up with 80 km to empty.

·
Old Guy
75 Posts
This is the first bike I have owned with a fuel gauge in over 40 years of riding, so I really do not pay attention to the fuel gauge. I know I can easily ride 200 miles plus, so I fill up between 150 and 200 miles.

·
R120oGS Hooligan
34 Posts
My 05 with the filler neck removed has a max range of 220 miles. The countdown usually starts at 180. With the filler neck it was 200 miles.

That is city/highway (25 mile commute which the highway is stop and go in the afternoon) mix with reasonable throttle sometimes wide open sometimes not 80 mph highway speed.

·
I'd rather be flying
239 Posts
I've gotten rid of the fuel neck also so my capacity went up about 1/2 gallon. As fuel economy goes, I usually get 44 mpg and have never dipped below 40 even at speeds higher than posted allowable limits with full luggage ;). My best is 59 mpg a couple of times while maxing out the speed at 55 during some canyon carving. That's hard to repeat. But it seems as if I get better mileage when I'm higher in elevation.

The low fuel indicator comes on between 170 and 200 miles for me. If I push it, I can run over 250 miles to a tank. The least amount of fuel that has ever been in my tank was when my miles remaining was 9. Did 260 miles that day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.