R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the extreme cold we have been getting I am understanding why a garage fridge has a hard time in the winter. I have heat in the garage but I have only been turning it on when I work out there. It is a two car, attached and insulated. My thermostat does not show any temp below 40degrees so I don't know the exact temp when I am not heating. Anyways.... I read someplace else about a "garage kit" for a refrigerator. I have a sub zero fridge and a Kegerator in the garage. I noticed today a pop out of the fridge was slushy. I cant find a garage kit for sub zero. Anyone with knowledge of appliances know if these could be universal to a degree, or if there is a manufacturer out there that makes something for sub zero? I will try to contact them tomorrow.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yep all you need is a $30 Inkbird ITC-308 controller and a small 250 watt 110v personal ceramic heater. They are $12 bucks at WalMart and are a little bigger than a soda can or 2.

It will keep you fridge within 1/10 of a degree of setpoint.

I use Inkbird temperature and humidity controllers on my drying/aging chamber that is in the garage. No matter if its dead of winter or the heat of summer the interior of the chamber is steadily maintained.

717uTCDSTZL._AC_UL160_.jpg

2fe35ca4-5524-4119-b31a-3eee9e099795_1.fdff08c745cf35cc1a7ec1d642ad6bc3.png

1 - 2 of 2 Posts