R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at a 15 r1200gsa that has the factor gps mount installed. What garmin nav units fit? Or am i stuck getting the model that comes from bmw for 1k?

·
Riding a 2009 R1200gs
120 Posts
The mount is compatible with the Garmin Zumo line, some function might not work. The best would be to ask around (local club maybe) and try one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
People sell them on here from time to time for $600-700 all the time-I don’t think I’d buy a new one. I’m pretty sure the mount will work for a NAV IV, V, or VI. I took mine off and mounted my phone to the bar using a RAM mount and a Quad Lock, because I prefer using REVER.

·
Registered
206 Posts
People sell them on here from time to time for $600-700 all the time-I don’t think I’d buy a new one. I’m pretty sure the mount will work for a NAV IV, V, or VI. I took mine off and mounted my phone to the bar using a RAM mount and a Quad Lock, because I prefer using REVER.
Same. I was using phone then bought a GS with a NAV IV. Gave it a try and liked the phone better. Sold the GPS.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Nav 5 and Nav 6 come up used all the time.
Nav 5 for $400-450 and Nav 6 from &5550 upwards
Be in the market and pick one used if not in a hurry

·
Registered
8 Posts
Look up the Wunderlinq by BlackBoxEmbedded. Couple of computer guys engineered a phone mount that uses bluetooth to connect to you phone and give you control via the wonderwheel. They have trouble keeping stock, order now for June delivery. I have one a really like it. It $250 which is 75% cheaper than a $1000 NAV VI. Blackbox Embedded Official Website and Shop

·
Registered
39 Posts
Im looking at a 15 r1200gsa that has the factor gps mount installed. What garmin nav units fit? Or am i stuck getting the model that comes from bmw for 1k?
Besides BMW Nav IV, V dan VI, the Garmin Zumo type which fits the mount is 660 family. It is already discontinued, but sometimes we can find it used in Ebay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts