R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Germany - Bavaria (Bayern) Traveling Pictures

Hi,

my name is Bernd and I come from Germany/Bavaria. I have a BMW R1200GS with Touratech equipment and SR-Racing silencer. If you have interest, my traveling pictures and GPS-Data are online http://picasaweb.google.de/dominotec.picasa.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Your Pics

Thanks so much for sharing such beautiful pics!;) From my best guess it looks like southern Germany? I am from flat land Indiana, US and find my self just dreaming that i had such beauty in my back yard. A couple of questions what kind of gps system do you use? What type of camera have you been using to get such great shots. I never really wanted to take my bike (a 05 1200gs) out on salty roads (they use salt in the US to get snow and ice off roads) I see you have. How hard is it to clean up after being on salty roads or maybe they use something else in Germany i really do not know? Thanks again.:p Scott

·
Kool Aide Dispenser
412 Posts
Thanks so much for sharing such beautiful pics!;) From my best guess it looks like southern Germany? I am from flat land Indiana, US and find my self just dreaming that i had such beauty in my back yard. A couple of questions what kind of gps system do you use? What type of camera have you been using to get such great shots. I never really wanted to take my bike (a 05 1200gs) out on salty roads (they use salt in the US to get snow and ice off roads) I see you have. How hard is it to clean up after being on salty roads or maybe they use something else in Germany i really do not know? Thanks again.:p Scott

Move to Virginia and ride the BRP!:D

Jim :cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
thanks

I came close to getting to Virgina last summer. I came in from Ohio on 53 (part of the Appalachian Mountain high way system) and got a little taste of what is available over that way. Rain and bad thunder storms chased me home early and was not able to get as far as wanted. Great pics! Thanks for sharing.:D

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi Scott,

I use the Garmin GPSMap 60csx Outdoor GPS-System with City Navigator Europe and topographical maps, RAM-Mount and Touratech handlebar bracket. My camera type is a Canon IXUS 850is with 2 GByte micro SD-RAM. After my ride, I clean up my bike with a Kärcher cleaning equipment and my bike looks like as new. If you have interest, there are new pictures online :D.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts