R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The R1250GS models come with GPS Preparation, which includes the gps mounting hoop and the mount. I’ve been using a phone so far but am thinking about getting a Navigator V or the more expensive VI. This forum describes quite a few user complaints about the VI, many of which involve syncing with the TFT and a headset. But some describe weird Navigator behaviors.

On this and other forums, I’ve seen a few non-Navigator, less expensive units for sale; but it would be nice to have a unit more integrated with the bike functionally and esthetically. So I’m looking for a consensus of pros and cons on which way to go.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The Nav VI has a brighter screen and a few more "bells & whistles". I'm happy with my Nav V and have found that Google Maps on my iPhone is a better navigation device anyway. It's nice to have the Nav V/VI for other functions and it fills up the empty dash mount.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Nav 6 hands down.......have used both. Clarity of the 6 is fantastic......and also allows streaming of music from your phone.
That being said some units had issues with ghost touch which the new units dont have and BMW and Garmin are generous in replacements for this.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. I decided on a Nav V, because when it comes to GPS, I’m a “point A to point B” person. So far it interacts with the bike’s system w/o issue. i expect I’ll be learning more about it as we go. If any issues pop up, I’ll let you know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts