R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Globetrotter13
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I just got my '08 R1200GS and have been finding lots of useful info on this forum. Thanks to everyone who is posting and making this forum a friendly and useful place!

Currently, I'm looking for the following items:

-a standard or adventure height seat for my GS
-standard height suspension
-fog lights
-accessory socket(s)
-panniers and mounts/hardware (my bike came with the BMW adventure mounts, but no hardware or cases...)
-headlight guard
-lightly used riding gear (size M, 30-32 waist)

I'm located in Southwest Michigan and am always down to meet up for a ride, so feel free to PM me if you're in the area.

Get dusty!

Tyler

Attachments

·
Registered
660 Posts
Welcome to the forum! New myself, to the forum and the GSA. Trying to learn as I go:wink2:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Great looking GS Tyler....looks like it has ADV upper and lower engine guards....are you putting the ADV style rack on the tail?....how many miles on it??....and welcome aboard from Pa.

·
Globetrotter13
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great looking GS Tyler....looks like it has ADV upper and lower engine guards....are you putting the ADV style rack on the tail?....how many miles on it??....and welcome aboard from Pa.
Hey graham, thanks so much! You're right, it does have the ADV upper and lower engine guards. It also has touratech valve cover guards and a sidestand plate.

Regarding the ADV racks...I'm undecided about using them since I don't have any of the hardware OR the cases themselves. I don't really have the money to buy all of those items currently and I've been looking at the panniers from Brooks AutoSports since they seem to have good reviews and are about half the price of BMW OEM or touratech stuff.

I'm actually thinking of trying to sell the racks. If you're interested or know anyone who might be, please let me know!

Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts