R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2006 R1200GS, 2007 R1200GS. 2005 R1200GS, 2009 R1200GS, 2009 R1200GSA, 2005 R1200GS, 2006 R1200GS, 2
1,799 Posts
Imperial?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Actually is possible, all depends on condition of the engine. Valve clearance adjustment, synchronization between both intake flaps and your riding style. I acheive 4,3 liters per 100km when ride regularly in a highway on 6th gear with 100-120km/h. Consumption also is a "mirror" for engine condition. When in traffic up to 7+ l/100km. With newest prices of the fuel...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure what imperial is? Im in uk, i just fill up and ride sensible 60-70mph on motorways, i service bike every year and i also check valve clearances, air filter is standard and gets replaced every 2 years. I have a remus end can with not db fitted

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got 67.2mpg imperial on my 1250 today. Just chillin to get new tyres fitted about 60mph
On a previous trip through Appalachia I averaged 53 mpg on my 09 R1200GS. I agree it must be set for Imperial gallons.
I normally get around 44 to 47 MPG here in Florida USA. I just started using ethanol free gas and my MPG went up to 54.8. I am keeping my speed down to 65 - 70 (behaving). I am assuming it is a combination of slower speed and the ethanol free gas.

·
Registered
125 Posts
My 2017 Rallye must be broken. I only get 42-44mpg…and that rear tire really doesn’t last more than a few thousand miles.
🤣🤣

Reactions: Hogges

·
Registered
56 Posts
My 2017 Rallye must be broken. I only get 42-44mpg…and that rear tire really doesn’t last more than a few thousand miles.
🤣🤣
Actually the MPG is pretty common. I went from a 50/50 tire to the Michelin Road 6. I have run the Road 4 trail and Road 5 Trail and got about 11k miles out of the back and went to the third rear keeping the front tire until the cupping became an issue. I currently am on my second rear tire on my Road 5 in the front. It has some cupping beggining so likely will move to the Road 6 on the front in the next few months.

·
Registered
265 Posts
It is commonly believed that everything in America is bigger than in Blighty (UK) … but not when it comes to gallons! Both have 8 pints but the UK (Imperial) pint has 20 fluid ounces (making 160 fl oz) whereas the US pint contains 16 fluid ounces (128 fl oz). This makes the US gallon 83.3 % smaller than the US one.

As an aside. When in America I have noticed that pints are not often used since most liquids are displayed in fl ozs. If one asks for a pint of beer in the US you will feel short changed, assuming the ‘server’ (WTF) knows what a pint is or understands your accent 🙄😂.

·
Registered
2 Posts
🤣🤣
ya want to try and MT10, mine does about 35mpg and i don’t get more than 1000 miles from a rear tyre..it’s worse than my gixer750 track bike that is surprising easy on fuel and tyres and i run in the higher end of the fast groups

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm with the ham fisted guys. I get 35-ish mpg on 2011 GSA. I am currently running conti road attack, full arrow exhaust / headers and power commander. Unfortunately the computer thinks I get far better MPG than reality. I accidentally ran out of gas with 50 mile range still showing <facepalm>.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts